We're looking for a special someone who can take charge of the marketing for Australia's fastest growing wine startup to take things to the next level!
WHAT'S GOOD PAIR DAYS?
I'm glad you asked. Well a few years ago, a world-famous sommelier, a tech genius, and a total wine newbie walked into a bar. It sounds like the start of a bad joke, but was actually the start of our great little company. Aside from wondering what a ‘dry wine‘ actually meant, the newbie had a question for them: did they want to be part of a mission to help everyone — from newbies to aficionados — discover and experience the joy of exceptional wine, tailored to their tastes? To remove the confusion and jargon, to make wine accessible and enjoyable for all? They did. And we've been pairing good wine to good people ever since. We're about five years into our journey and have built up tens of thousand of loyal monthly customers. But we're just getting started. It's our aim to build the most customer friendly wine retailer in the world and we just might need your help accomplish this! So keep reading.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR?
We need a talented Head of Marketing to join the team and lead our next phase of growth. You'll be a great fit if you're growth minded, love accountability and autonomy, have an empathic nature (essential for all great marketers, so we're sure you do), love solving problems and thinking independently and last but not least will to pull your sleeves up and join a hard working higher performance team culture. The above are also our team values... so if you were wondering what it's like to work with us, there you have it.
WHAT'S YOUR MISSION?
- After a few years of solid growth Good Pair Days is ready to welcome you as our Head of Marketing. You’ll refine our positioning, develop our brand, work closely with our current members, lead our marketing strategy and most importantly grow our members exponentially.
- You will be a first principles thinker who leads marketing with a hands-on approach, from strategy to execution, working in partnership with key leaders including our Head of Wine, Head of Product, Head of Operations and reporting directly into our CEO.
- Our initial growth strategy has been performance based. With you at the helm it will mature into a brand and product-led strategy using performance to underpin it!
- Two years from now? You’ll have helped position us for IPO, built a scaling and efficient marketing funnel, inspired a community of wine lovers, developed a brand on everyone’s lips, grown customers and revenue by at least 100% each year, implemented a marketing stack that has successfully launched us into new markets. And above all helped hundreds of thousands of members discover amazing new wines they wouldn't normally pick themselves.
BUT SPECIFICALLY. WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- To lead our marketing team, focussing on strategy, planning and execution.
- To develop our comprehensive medium and long-term marketing plan, working backwards from our ambitious goals and executing on it.
- To grow our revenue and hit our growth targets within our unit economic constraints.
- To lead larger campaign strategies that can create impactful growth for the company.
- To be our chief brand officer and storyteller. To build our brand for the long-term.
- To lead our new ecommerce strategy alongside our subscription strategy, focussing on profitable growth.
- To work hand-in-hand with our product team to grow the business using our engineering team.
- To lead our company's external comms including leading an engaging and on brand social presence. Setting up strategies and pillars for community building, messaging and storytelling.
- To lead our owned communication channels with our customers, in particular driving growth and through our email marketing and other funnels.
- To lead our marketing innovation with an experimental mindset, creating structures to manage testing process, capture learnings and scale successes.
- To set up a system for continual improvement. Including mentoring and grow our marketing team. To be a capability builder.
- Expert ability at hiring, training, managing and coaching
WHO WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT FIT?
We’re after an exceptional marketing leader with a proven track record of meaningful success who’s hungry for personal and customer growth. If there are a few things we truly care about, it’s:
- That you have an unquenchable growth mindset.
- That you are commercial and accountable.
- That you have proven meaningful success as a marketing leader.
Experience that would make you standout:
- You have grown a new consumer product from an early stage, defining its positioning and leading its launch and growth of customers and revenue.
- You have been directly responsible for sustained high growth outcomes in a marketing leadership position.
- You have built a successful customer community as a key part of a growth strategy.
- You have successfully built a marketing funnel from the ground up.
- You have successfully built a high performing marketing team.
- You have built a successful brand from the ground up that attracted a strong following, and/or you have led a category-creation brand and positioning strategy.
- Experience working directly with a product team with a symbiotic product and marketing goal of growth.
Competencies that are a must:
- To be able to think big for strategy and planning, but also be able to execute and move with pace on the ground.
- Marketing systems and process you've found repeated success with in the past, paired with an open mindset for the inevitable differences in product.
- Product positioning and messaging.
- Know modern digital marketing like the back of their hand. Especially paid social, email, SEO, influencer and SEM.
- Extremely commercial, live and breath unit economics and understand financial models and overall impact of inputs on the company success.
- You'll have a great understanding of analytics and measurement.
- That you're skilled in brand marketing, product marketing experience, managing a team of marketers and creatives experience!
- Bonus points for experience in CRO and offer strategies.
WHAT'S IT LIKE WORKING AT GOOD PAIR DAYS?
- This little journey of ours is just getting started and you can join it while we're still relatively young. Which means professional growth and career advancement will be in your hands.
- We're a team of 20 diverse, motivated and talented staff mainly based around Australia with a few abroad. We value growth mindsets, acting with empathy for both each other and our customers, accountability, independent thinkers and problem solvers!
- We've made the leap. We've gone remote first. Which means you can pretty much work from anywhere. The rest of the team is already doing it. We're a results first company which mean remote work is perfect for us.
- In saying that an Australian Timezone is a must, or must be able to make it work for you. We also meet quarterly for team offsites so can't be too far away!
- We're willing to pay market rates for the right level of experience with generous equity ownership available, which means you can benefit directly from the great job you do!
- Wine. Did we mention wine. There's wine with your name on it. We'll save the good stuff for you ;)
- If after reading the above, it sounds right up your alley and you're dying to apply, then please send through at least your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box