We're looking for a Sydney based special someone who can take charge of the operations for Australia's fastest growing wine start up!
What's Good Pair Days?
I'm glad you asked. Well a few years ago, a world-famous sommelier, a tech genius, and a total wine newbie walked into a bar. It sounds like the start of a bad joke, but was actually the start of our great little company. Aside from wondering what a ‘dry wine‘ actually meant, the newbie had a question for them: did they want to be part of a mission to help everyone — from newbies to aficionados — discover and experience the joy of exceptional wine, tailored to their tastes? To remove the confusion and jargon, to make wine accessible and enjoyable for all? They did. And we've been pairing good wine to good people ever since. We're about five years into our journey and have built up tens of thousand of loyal monthly customers. But we're just getting started. It's our aim to build the most customer friendly wine retailer in the world and we just might need your help accomplish this! So keep reading.
Who we're looking for?
Someone who can take charge of the operations for Australia's fastest growing wine start up! To continue build a best in class, efficient and scalable warehousing, pick & pack and delivery system capable of handling rapid growth whilst continually improving our customer's experience! To set up up to further thrill local customers with faster delivery and look to roll this out internationally.
You'll be a great fit if you're growth minded, love accountability and autonomy, have an empathic nature (essential for all great operations leaders), love solving problems and thinking independently and last but not least be willing to pull your sleeves up and join a hard working higher performance team. The above are also our team values... so if you were wondering what it's like to work with us, there you have it
What does success look like?
- Building an amazing culture of fun but also high performance and accountability at our main DC and across all our operations functions.
- Designing and implementing a highly efficient pick and pack operation. Hitting real financial goals of cost per packing, packaging, delivery, as well as delivery superb packing accuracy. Driving significant improvements in Gross Profit.
- Pushing our customer delivery options to the next level. In particular to facilitate more one-off time sensitive sales. Focussing initiative such as same day dispatch, local same day delivery, delivery windows, own drivers.
- Taking charge of all operational aspects of our international expansion plans. Helping to determine which markets to enter from an operational perspective, then executing on launching in our chosen markets.
What you'll be good at!
- Significant higher performance team management experience focussing on accountability and results, whilst not sacrificing.
- Tech savvy with in-depth experience operating WMS.
- Ability to also communicate with tech team to automate new systems created.
- Warehouse leadership experience, including proven success driving scale as well as significant improvement across operational metrics.
- Systems thinker and process developer. Proven experience building and maintaining complex systems within a logistics environment.
- Experience removing vulnerabilities and risk in a logistics operation.
- Planned, built and executed major innovation strategies within a logistics operation.
- Experience managing a supply chain and procurement system.
- Experience liaising across key company departments, especially marketing and product.
- Ability to hire, train and manage staff.
What's it like working at Good Pair Days?
- This little journey of ours is just getting started and you can join it while we're still relatively young. Which means professional growth and career advancement will be in your hands.
- We're a team of 20 diverse, motivated and talented staff mainly based around Australia with a few abroad. We value growth mindsets, acting with empathy for both each other and our customers, accountability, independent thinkers and problem solvers!
- Our operations are based in Western Sydney and you'll be expected to spend at least half your time there.
- We're willing to pay market rates for the right level of experience with generous equity ownership available, which means you can benefit directly from the great job you do!
- Wine. Did we mention wine. There's wine with your name on it. The good stuff ;)
- If after reading the above, it sounds right up your alley and you're dying to apply, then please send through at least your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box