- 1 pack of pancetta, cubed
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 55g tinned lentils, drained
- 100g tinned cherry tomatoes, drained
- Small handful of basil, torn
- 1 slice of bread, crusts removed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 sausages, skin removed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fry the pancetta until crisp and golden, then chuck the onion in the pan to soften. Add the sugar and vinegar, stir for 2 minutes, then add the lentils and tomatoes to cook gently for 5 minutes.
- For the meatballs, add the ingredients to a food processor, and blitz to make a paste. With wet hands, shape the meatballs to the size and shape of golf balls, and then fry in a little olive oil until browned all over and cooked through.
- Add the basil to the sauce, stir well, and then pour into your serving bowl. Pop the sizzling meatballs on top, season well, and serve. Nice!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box