- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g sirloin steak, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt and pepper
- 100ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, and gently fry the onion and garlic until softened. Chuck in the steak cubes, and fry for 2 minutes until browned all over.
- Add the oregano, the cumin, the sugar, and the tomato puree. Season well, stir, and cook for a minute or so with the meat and onion. Pour in the stock, bring up to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened and glossy. Turn off the heat, and add the coriander.
- To serve, fill the centre of each tortilla with the beef mix, and roll up like a big cigar - two tortillas per person should be enough. Add some lemon-dressed salad to the plate, and a salsa of your choice, and enjoy!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box