- 150ml olive oil
- 50ml balsamic vinegar
- 3 cooked beetroot, cubed
- 1⁄2 bunch of dill, chopped
- 250g creme fraiche
- 450g flour
- 300ml beer
- Oil for frying
- 2 mackerel fillets, halved lengthways
- Salt and pepper
- Rocket, to garnish
- Toss together the oil and vinegar with the beetroot, and season well, and mix together the dill with the creme fraiche.
- Make a hefty batter by mixing together the flour with the beer until smooth and creamy. Heat up the oil in a deep fryer or deep pan (you want it at about 180C), then dust the fish fillets with flour, dredge through the batter, and drop in the sizzling oil to cook for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed up. Drain on kitchen paper, and season.
- Divide the beetroot salad between two plates, and top with a nice dollop of the dill cream. Pop the fish fillets on top, and garnish with your rocket leaves. Yum!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box