- 2kg baby back ribs, in racks
- 2 celery stalks, halved
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 2 red chillies, cut lengthways
- 1 garlic bulb, cut in half horizontally
- 250ml apple juice
- Barbecue sauce to serve
- Coleslaw to serve
- Prep the ribs by placing in a large saucepan along with the celery, onion, chillies, garlic, and apple juice. Pour enough water to cover the meat, then bring to the boil, and simmer for about 1.5 hours, skimming off any scum that forms on the surface.
- Once the ribs are poached, whack up the oven to its hottest temperature, and transfer the ribs to a roasting dish with a slotted spoon. Smear with barbecue sauce (homemade is always going to be best) and roast in the oven for 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes to get them nicely charred. Serve with slaw, barbecue sauce, and some buns.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box