- 5 sheets of filo pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 apple, cored and sliced thinly
- 55g blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp veg oil
- 85g bacon, cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Lay the first sheet of filo onto a baking tray, and lightly brush with egg. Repeat until you’ve used all five sheets, and finish with another brush of beaten egg. With your fingers, crimp the edges of the pastry to form a round shape with a slightly raised edge.
- Arrange the apple slices in the centre of the pastry, then top with the crumbled cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- While waiting for the pastry, heat a little oil in a pan, and fry the bacon until crisp. Once done, transfer the pastry to a serving plate, and scatter with the bacon pieces. Serve hot.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box