- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can of cherry tomatoes
- 6 anchovy fillets in oil
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 300g linguine, cooked al dente
- 1 tbsp capers
- Handful of fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with a little Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and fry in 2 tbsp of olive oil for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden all over. Transfer to an ovenproof dish, and set aside.
- Add another 2 tbsp of oil to the pan, and fry the onion for 3 minutes to soften. Add the cherry tomatoes, the anchovies, the garlic and the chilli, and cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat. Pour this mixture over the chicken thighs, drizzle with a little more olive oil, and transfer to the oven for 18 minutes to thicken the sauce and cook the meat. Stir in the capers and some torn basil, and mix into the cooked linguine. Serve hot.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box