- 400g can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp full fat milk
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A bunch of spring onions (½ chopped, ½ cut lengthways)
- 4 tsp harissa
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 200g feta, crumbled
- Small bunch of mint leaves
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Blitz half the chickpeas in a food processor until smooth. With the processor still running, add the eggs, milk, flour, and baking powder, until a smooth batter is formed. Turn off the processor, and mix in the remaining chickpeas, the chopped spring onions, half the harissa, and some salt and pepper.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan, and gently fry the zucchini slices until golden. Remove, and keep warm. Fry 2 tbsp portions of the chickpea batter in the oil until bubbles form on the surface, then flip over, and fry on the other side until browned. Keep warm with the courgettes.
- Toss together the fried zucchinis, the feta, the mint, and the sliced spring onions. Serve the zucchini salad on plates, topped with two of the fritters, and a dollop of yoghurt and harissa.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box