- 4 chicken thighs, skin and bone on
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 100g diced chorizo
- 1⁄2 tsp cumin seeds
- 50g raisins
- Salt and pepper
- For the Empanada Dough
- 150g butter
- 300g flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oven to 180C. Put the chicken thighs in a roasting dish, season well, and roast for 45 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make the pastry by melting the butter and leaving to cool slightly. Mix the flour and salt together in a bowl, then pour in the butter and the egg. Mix, and add 3-5 tbsp of water as you go until a soft dough is achieved. Knead gently for a couple of minutes, then cover, and set aside.
- Finish making the filling by cooking the onion for 10 minutes to soften, then adding the garlic, chorizo, raisins and cumin seeds. Cook for 8 minutes more, then remove from the heat. Remove the skin from the chicken, and shred the meat before adding to the chorizo mixture. Season well, then leave to cool completely.
- Turn up the oven to 200C, and line a baking tray with paper. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 4mm. Cut 10 x 12cm discs, divide the filling between them, and fold over to make a semi-circular parcel. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal, brush with beaten egg, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot with chilli sauce.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box