- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- ½ tsp crushed chilli flakes
- ½ tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 125ml passata
- 1.5kg floury potatoes (eg Sebago or Dutch Cream), peeled
- 180ml oil for shallow frying
- Make the salsa by heating the oil in a pan, then adding the paprika, the chilli flakes, the tabasco, and the vinegar. Mix well, then stir in the passata. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cut the potatoes into small and even-sized chunks. Cook in a large pan of salted water for 5-7 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well.
- Heat the frying oil in a large pan, and shallow fry in a single layer (you may have to do these in batches) for 10-12 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve in a bowl, with the salsa drizzled over the top.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box