- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 150g streaky bacon
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- Knob of butter
- A pinch of dried mixed herbs
- 250ml white wine
- 250ml single cream
- Cooked new potatoes and green beans, to serve
- Pop a big pot on a high heat, and add the oil. Pan fry the bacon, sliced, for a few minutes until crisp. Remove from the pan, and set aside for later. Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite-sized strips, and put into the pot - along with a good grind of pepper - to sizzle for a few minutes and brown all over. Remove and set aside with the bacon
- Reduce the heat on the pan, and add the knob of butter. When it starts to foam, chuck in the onion, and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften. Add the mushrooms, along with plenty of salt and pepper, and the garlic. Fry for a few minutes before stirring in the herbs.
- Pour in the wine, and bring up to the boil. Return the chicken and bacon to the pan, and cook for a few minutes, then add the cream, and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve piping hot with new potatoes and green beans.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box