- 2kg fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 150ml white wine
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 2 tsp curry paste
- 100g creme fraiche
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Put the mussels in a large pan along with the white wine. Bring to the boil, pop on the lid, and give them a good shake after 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, and discard any mussels which haven’t opened.
- Fry the shallots in the butter in another large pan, then stir in the flour and curry paste. Cook for one minute, then tip all the mussels and cooking juices in. Mix well, and season with pepper. Stir through the creme fraiche, scatter with parsley, and serve immediately. Perfect for sharing!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box