- 6 duck legs
- 200g shallots
- 2 tsp ground coriander, paprika, ginger, and cumin
- 600ml veg stock
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 6 small clementines, peeled
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- Preheat your oven to 190C. Sprinkle the duck legs with salt, put them in a roasting dish, and roast for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven, and transfer 3 tbsp duck fat to a large pan.
- Chop the shallots, and lightly fry in the duck fat until gently coloured. Sprinkle in the spices, mix well, then add the honey, the stock, the lemon juice, and some more salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then sit the duck legs on top. Reduce heat to low, close the lid, and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- While the tagine is cooking, fry the clementine pieces in some more duck fat (you want them golden and sticky). Add the fruit to the tagine, close the lid again, and cook for a further 10 minutes. Serve with couscous.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box