- 2 duck breasts
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Pinch of fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp balsamic
- 1⁄4 glass of red wine
- 30g butter
- 3 tbsp redcurrant or cranberry jelly
- Slash the fat on the duck breasts, and sear on both sides in a very hot pan for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan, and place in a preheated oven (180C) for 10 minutes.
- While the duck is cooking, drain off the excess fat from the pan and toss in the tomatoes, shallots, garlic, and thyme. Cook for a minute or two, then remove the ingredients and keep to one side. Deglaze the pan with the red wine and balsamic vinegar, and add the butter and redcurrant jelly, and reduce for a few minutes to make a glossy sauce.
- Remove the duck from the oven, and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice on the diagonal, then drizzle with the sauce and serve with sliced baguette. Yum!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box