- 2 large duck breasts
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 brioche buns
- All your favourite garnishes and sauces
- Roughly chop your duck breasts, season well with salt and pepper, and either pass through a mincer (or ask your butcher to do so for you), or continue chopping until you have something resembling mince. Season again, and form into two balls with damp hands.
- Take one of the balls of meat, push some of the cheddar cheese into the middle, and fold the duck meat around the cheese to make a classic burger shape. Repeat with the other ball and the other half of the cheese.
- Fry the duck burgers on a griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked nicely on the outside and still a little pink in the middle (if you like your burgers well done, you can finish them in the oven for a couple of minutes). Place the burgers on a plate to rest. Serve in a brioche bun with sauces, relishes, salad, fried onions... whatever takes your fancy!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box