- 1 tbsp dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 225g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 350g risotto rice
- 150ml white wine
- 1.2 litres hot veg stock
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 25g butter
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan, to serve
- Soak your porcini mushrooms in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and add the onion and garlic to soften. Add the mushrooms and soften for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, and coat thoroughly with the oil. Pour in the wine and bring to a simmer, allowing the liquid to be completely absorbed by the rice. Add one ladleful of veg stock at a time, allowing it to be absorbed by the rice each time. Continue in this way until all the liquid has been absorbed, and the rice is plump and tender.
- Roughly chop the porcini and add to the risotto. Add the parsley, butter, and salt and pepper. Stir well, and serve with grated parmesan.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box