- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 capsicum peppers, your choice of colours, chopped
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Small pinch of smoked paprika
- 250g basmati rice
- 450ml veg stock
- Chopped coriander and spring onions to serve
- Heat up the oil in a large lidded saucepan, and add the onion, pepper, garlic, and cumin seeds. Sizzle for about 8 minutes, then stir in the tomato puree and paprika, cook for another minute, and then stir in the rice.
- Pour in the stock, pop the lid on, and bring it all up to the boil. Stir, then put on a low simmer for 10 minutes. Take off the heat, and leave it (with the lid on) for another 10 minutes. When ready to serve, stir through the coriander and chopped spring onions, and enjoy as a side or as a vegan main in its own right.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box