- 240g rocket salad
- Handful of pine nuts
- 16 slices pancetta
- Big knob of butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 pears, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp honey (plus extra for dressing
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (plus 2 tbsp for dressing)
- 1⁄2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 150g gorgonzola, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- Distribute the rocket salad evenly between four plates. Heat up a frying pan, and toast the pine nuts for a couple of minutes, then set aside. Cook the pancetta in the pan until crispy, and set that aside also.
- Pop half of the butter and the oil into a clean pan on a low heat. Once melted, add the pears, salt, pepper, and honey. Turn up the heat and cook for 5 minutes. Add the balsamic, cook for another minute, then remove the pears from the pan while reserving the juices. Arrange the fruit on top of the rocket leaves, along with the pancetta.
- Make the dressing by putting the pan of pear juices back on the heat, along with the rest of the butter, some honey, mustard, salt, pepper, and pine nuts. Cook until warmed through, then drizzle all over your salad, followed by the gorgonzola chunks. Yes!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box