- 300ml veg oil for frying
- 4 sheets of ready made filo pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 85g gorgonzola, cubed
- 2 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds to serve
- First of all, heat up your veg oil in a deep pan until it is at sizzling temperature. While that’s heating up, lay out 2 sheets of filo, mix the egg and cream together, and brush onto the pastry. Layer another sheet on top of each, and brush again. Cut the double-layered sheets lengthways into four, so you have eight strips of pastry.
- Mix together the cheese, ham, and thyme, along with some seasoning. Place a tablespoon of the mixture at one end of your pastry strip, brush some more egg and cream mix around the filling, and roll up to make a triangle. Brush again. Deep fry for 5 minutes or until golden, remove and drain on kitchen paper, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box