- 1 bunch of coriander, leaves and stalks separated
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, ground
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 lightly crushed cardamom pods
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 600g lamb neck fillet, cut into chunks
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 small piece of ginger, grated
- 100g natural yoghurt
- Make the curry paste by chucking the coriander stalks and all the other ingredients in a blender, then mixing in the tomato puree.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or casserole. Fry the cinnamon, bay leaves, cardamom pods and cloves for a couple of minutes, then add the lamb chunks and cook for 5 minutes, stirring. Add the garlic and ginger, cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the spice paste and fry for another 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add 400ml water, and cover the casserole with the lid. Simmer for 40 minutes, then stir in the yoghurt and cook for 10 minutes more. Sprinkle with coriander leaves, and serve with naan and rice.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box