- 5 big beef tomatoes
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- 25g breadcrumbs
- 300g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped tarragon
- Salt and pepper
- 25ml olive oil
- 8 tomatoes, quartered
- 50ml rapeseed oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Slice the tops off the beef tomatoes (reserving the tops to use later as ‘lids’), and scoop out the insides. Put the tomato flesh and seeds into a pan. Mix the mushrooms, tarragon, shallots, breadcrumbs, and mince in a bowl, and season well.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the mince mixture, drizzle with oil, and pop the ‘lids’ back on top. Place on a baking tray, and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the stuffed tomatoes are cooking, make the sauce. Add the quartered tomatoes to the beef tomato flesh, and add the garlic and rapeseed oil, too. Season well, and simmer for ten minutes. Serve the cooked beef tomatoes on a plate, and drizzle with the tomato sauce.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box