- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp brown sugar
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp chipotle paste
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 4 chicken breasts
- A few coriander leaves
- Corn tortillas to serve
- In a medium saucepan, first heat the oil and then add the onions to soften for five minutes. Chuck in the chopped garlic for another minute, until everything begins to turn slightly golden. Stir in the sugar, chipotle paste and tomatoes, and mix well.
- Once well combined, add the whole chicken breasts and cover with the sauce. Cook for twenty minutes on a steady simmer until the meat is cooked through (you might want to add some water if it gets too dry).
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove from the pan and shred using two forks. Stir the shredded chicken back into the sauce, and season to taste. Scatter the coriander and red onion over the whole lot, and serve in a bowl with the corn tortillas.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box