- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 400g decent quality beef mince
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1.5 tsp chipotle paste
- 200g basmati rice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 400g can kidney beans, drained
- Handful of coriander, to serve
- Heat about a tbsp of oil in a large pan, and then add the chopped onions. Cook gently for about 10 minutes, until softened and translucent, then remove from the pan.
- While the onions are cooking, make the meatballs. In a bowl, add the mince, the breadcrumbs, the spices and the chipotle paste, along with plenty of seasoning. Mix thoroughly, and then roll in your hands into walnut-sized balls, and pop them in the pan with the onions. Cook for about 8 minutes, until well browned all over.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice as according to the instructions on the pack. Return the cooked onions to the pan, tip in the tomatoes, and add a can full of water, too. After five minutes on a steady simmer, add the beans, and cook for ten minutes to thicken. When ready, season the meatballs well, and serve with rice and a scattering of coriander. Don’t fancy meat? Replace the meatballs with some lentil balls or mushrooms and make a tasty, spicy stew!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box