- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, tops saved
- 1 yellow zucchini (green will also do)
- Small bunch of fresh mint, torn
- 1⁄2 orange, peeled, and sliced into rounds
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 thick slice of sourdough
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 125g fresh mozzarella
- Thinly shave the fennel and zucchini with a veg peeler, and put in a small bowl with the mint and some of the fennel fronds. Add the orange slices and lemon juice, and mix. Drizzle with the olive oil, add some salt and pepper, and taste.
- Heat up your griddle pan until smoking. Toast the bread for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until nicely charred and toasted. Rub one side with the garlic, and drizzle with a bit more olive oil. Tear the mozzarella into chunks, and pile on top of the toast, followed by the zucchini, fennel, and a good drizzle of the citrus dressing.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box