- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sage leaves
- 3 onions, finely sliced
- 250g ready made puff pastry
- 3 large boiled potatoes (or leftover roast potatoes) quartered
- 150g gruyere cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Put the oil in a pan, and fry the sage leaves for a couple of minutes until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, and put to one side.
- Add the onions to the same pan, and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes, until softened, browned, and caramelised. Set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry, and lay on a lined baking tray. Top with the caramelised onions, leaving a border around the edge. Add the potato pieces, and sprinkle over the grated gruyere. Season with salt and pepper, then pop in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven when golden brown, then garnish with the sage, and serve.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box