- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon smoked Spanish paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 300gm rib-eye steaks, approx 2-3cm thick
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 spring onion, dark-green part only, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of crumbled creamy blue cheese, at room temperature
- Mash the garlic to a paste with the salt. Scrape the garlic into a small bowl and stir in the paprika, cayenne and oregano. Gradually stir in the olive oil. Spread the mixture on a large platter, add the steaks and turn to coat, rubbing in the marinade. Let stand at room temperature for 1 to 4 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mash the butter with the shallot and spring onion. Stir in the blue cheese. Scrape the result onto a sheet of plastic wrap and pat it into a 4-inch log. Wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Grill over a medium-hot heat, turning once, about 3 minutes on each side. Let rest for 5 minutes then slice the butter 1 inch thick, set a pat on each steak and serve.
1 hour 30 mins
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box