- 4 duck legs
- ½ chilled watermelon, flesh chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- ½ bunch mint, leaves torn
- Large bunch of coriander, leaves picked and stalks chopped
- 2 red chillies
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp thai fish sauce
- 2 limes, juice only
- ½ tsp sichuan pepper
- Get things started by preheating your oven to 160C. Place a wire rack on a baking tray, and pop the duck legs on it skin side up. Roast the meat for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until cooked through and tender. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes, and save the duck fat from the tray.
- Mix together the watermelon and pomegranate in a bowl, and add the herbs and the sliced chillies, to taste. Flake in the meat from the duck legs, and add the fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and a bit of the duck fat. Add the pepper, and toss gently to mix. Serve immediately. To make this dish vegan, simply remove the fish sauce and replace the duck legs with baby beetroots, peeled, sliced and roasted for 25 minutes.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box