- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 kg pork shoulder, cut into cubes
- 200g chorizo, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1 x 400g can of chickpeas
- 100g large green olives
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan, and brown the pork shoulder cubes on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the chorizo to the pan and fry until crisp, then set aside also.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum, and gently fry the onion and fennel in the meat juices. Return the meat to the pan and pour over the stock, add the lemon juice and zest, and cook on a low heat for around 2 hours or until the pork is very, very tender.
- Add the chickpeas and olives, and cook for a further 15 minutes. Stir in the parsley, and serve.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box