- 4 big eggplants
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 diced white onion
- 6 diced tomatoes
- 1 sprig each of thyme and rosemary
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 60g walnuts
- 50g toasted breadcrumbs
- 200g roquefort or other blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C and cut the eggplants in half, leaving the tops on and scoring the flesh with a knife. Drizzle with olive oil, season liberally, and bake - flesh-side up - for 30 minutes.
- While the eggplants are cooking, gently fry the onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil, before adding the tomatoes and the herbs. Take the eggplants from the oven, scoop out of the flesh (reserving the skins to be stuffed later), dice, and add to the pan with the chopped walnuts
- Cook for a few minutes to combine, then stuff into the skins, and crumble over the cheese and breadcrumbs. Stick under the grill for a few minutes until the cheese is bubbling, and serve hot.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box