- 1 egg
- 125ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 75g brown crabmeat
- For the Salad
- 400g white crabmeat
- 1 tbsp each of chopped dill and chervil
- 1 dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1 tsp caper, drained
- 2 tbsp celery, sliced
- 200g prawns, cooked and peeled
- 2 eggs, soft boiled
- Parsley sprigs, to garnish
- Prep your dressing by whisking the egg in a bowl until light and foamy. Gently add the oil, whisking constantly, then season with salt and pepper and lemon juice. Stir in the brown crabmeat.
- Make the salad by placing the white crabmeat into a bowl, and adding the herbs, pickle, capers, and celery, Mix gently. Spoon in a little of the dressing, and stir to combine. Place a chef’s ring in the middle of each plate, and spoon the crabmeat mixture into the ring and press down until they are two-thirds full. Arrange a layer of prawns on top, then spoon over a bit more dressing. Garinish with parsley sprigs, lift away the chef’s rings, and finish with half a soft-boiled egg on top and a little more dressing.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box