- 100ml soy sauce
- 100g caster sugar
- 40ml mirin
- 30ml sake
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2.5cm piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 salmon fillets, cut into cubes
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Flaked almonds, to garnish
- Heat up the soy sauce, the mirin, the sake, the sugar, the spring onions, and the ginger in a small saucepan until boiling. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. While simmering, heat up your grill. Strain your glaze mixture through a sieve into a bowl, and set aside.
- Carefully thread your salmon chunks onto wooden skewers, being sure to leave a little space between each piece. Brush the glaze all over the fish, and grill for 3 minutes, or until the salmon is just cooked. Baste with the glaze several times during the cooking process. Serve hot with cooked rice and the almonds.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box