- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small celeriac, peeled and quartered
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and finely sliced
- Small handful of dill, chopped
- 250g smoked salmon
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 284ml carton double cream
- Preheat your oven to 200C. In a bowl, put the lemon juice, and finely chop your celeriac chunks to about 1cm thick slices. Toss in the lemon juice along with the potato slices.
- Take a large ovenproof dish, and begin to layer the celeriac and potato slices on the bottom, along with the smoked salmon, a sprinkling of dill, and a decent drizzle of cream. Season with plenty of salt and pepper, then repeat with another layer on top. You should be able to get about three layers of potato, celeriac and salmon etc into the dish. Top with the remaining cream.
- Cover the full dish with foil, and cook in your oven for about 45 minutes. Remove the foil, then cook for a further 40 minutes, to allow the top to go crispy and golden, and the cream to bubble away nicely. Test the vegetables are cooked with a knife or skewer (it should be able to be pushed in easily), and if you want a really crisp top, you can stick it under a hot grill for a minute or two. Serve with asparagus, or a crisp green salad.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box