- 4 duck legs
- ½ watermelon, skin removed, flesh chopped
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- ½ bunch fresh mint, leaves torn
- Large bunch of coriander, leaves and stalks chopped
- 1-2 red chillies
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 limes, juice only
- ½ tsp ground Sichuan pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Place a wire rack on a roasting tin, and pop the duck legs on the rack, skin side up. Roast for 1 ¾ hours until the meat is cooked through and the skin is crisp. Set aside to rest, and reserve the duck fat.
- Mix together the watermelon and pomegranate in a large bowl. Stir in the mint leaves, chilli, and coriander. Flake the meat from the duck bones, and mix into the bowl, too. Add the soy sauce, lime juice, and fish sauce, along with a bit of the duck fat. Season with Sichuan pepper, and serve warm.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box