- 225g green or brown lentils
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, cloves sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g carrot, finely chopped
- 100g Serrano ham, chopped (optional for vegetarians)
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 125ml red wine
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the lentils in cold water, then tip into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain - reserving the liquid - and set aside. Meanwhile, saute the onion, garlic, and carrot in olive oil for 15 minutes, then add the ham and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir the paprika, wine, and tomatoes into the vegetables, and simmer for a few minutes until you have a thick sauce. Stir the lentils into the sauce, along with about 150ml of the cooking water, the chopped parsley, and plenty of salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes, then serve.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box