- 250g pork mince
- 25g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 onion, grated
- A little oil for frying
- 20g cooking chorizo, chopped
- 1 tin of cannellini beans
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 200g roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and chopped
- 100g basmati rice, cooked to pack instructions
- Salt and pepper
- Firstly, make your meatballs. In a bowl, mix the pork mince, breadcrumbs, garlic, cumin, half the onion, and salt and pepper. Form into meatballs (about 16) and set aside.
- Add a little oil to a pan, and then lightly fry the chorizo. Once the oil from the sausage starts to run, add the rest of the onion to fry lightly. Tip in the tinned beans and tomatoes, the peppers, and half a tin of water, and give it all a good stir. Bring it to a simmer, then carefully add the meatballs back to the pan. Simmer the whole lot for 20 minutes, then serve with rice. Don’t fancy meat? Replace the meatballs with some lentil balls or vegetarian alternative and skip the chorizo for a tasty veggie Spanish stew!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box