- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggplants, trimmed and cut into cubes
- 1 lime, juice only
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4 slices of sourdough, toasted
- Chopped coriander, to serve
- Fry the onion, garlic, and chilli for a few minutes in the oil until golden. Set aside. Sprinkle the salt and the spices onto a plate, and combine. Brush the eggplant with a little oil, then dredge across the plate to coat.
- Lightly fry the eggplant in some more oil for about 5 minutes, until softened and golden brown. Return the onion mixture to the pan, and combine with a squeeze of lime. Season well. Serve by piling the eggplant mix on top of the toasted sourdough, and sprinkling over the chopped coriander.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box