- 150g diced butternut squash
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp sage leaves, chopped
- 6 pecan halves
- 1 courgette, halved and sliced
- 125g baby spinach leaves
- 120g wholemeal fusilli
- Get things going by preheating your oven to 200C, and while that’s hotting up, take a large baking dish and toss in the squash, the oil, the garlic and the sage. Give it a good mix, season well, and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Add the sliced courgette, mix again, and cook for a further 15 minutes, and then chuck in the pecans for another 5. You want the vegetables softened and starting to caramelise… and it’s going to smell awesome.
- PWhile your veg is cooking in the oven, cook the pasta in boiling salted water for as long as the pack dictates. Drain the pasta, then return it to the pan along with the spinach leaves - they’ll wilt in the heat. Add the vegetables and nuts to the pan, and mix well together. Serve with a light grating of cheese, lots of black pepper, and enjoy!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box