- 4 tbsp quality olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped very finely
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and chopped finely
- 2cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp each of cumin, coriander, and cinnamon
- 200g fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can of chickpeas,drained
- 2 eggplants, sliced longways
- Juice of half a lemon
- For the sauce
- 200g Greek yoghurt or similar
- 25g chopped walnuts
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Roughly chopped coriander leaves
- Fry the onions in a pan with about 2 tbsp of the oil, until lightly browned or for about 10 minutes. Add the spices, chilli and ginger, mix very well, then add the chickpeas, tomatoes and a splash of water. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes to thicken, then season well and add the lemon juice.
- Brush the eggplant halves with olive oil, sprinkle with a little salt, then put under a very hot grill until golden. Turn them over and do the same on the other sides.
- Make the sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients together in a bowl, along with some seasoning to taste. To serve, arrange the eggplant halves on a plate, spoon over the tomato and chickpea mixture, and finally drizzle with the walnut sauce. Enjoy with your favourite green vegetables and a glass of wine.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box