- 750ml of chicken or veg stock
- 25g butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
- 200g risotto rice
- 200ml white wine
- 200g zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1cm cubes
- 5 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest, plus
- 1 tbsp juice
- Salt and pepper
- Bring the stock up to a simmer in a saucepan, then keep warm over a medium heat. Fry the shallots, garlic, and thyme in butter in a large frying pan for a couple of minutes, then stir in the rice to coat. Add the wine and allow it to almost completely evaporate, then add a couple of ladlefuls of stock to the pan, simmering and stirring regularly, until the rice has almost completely absorbed it.
- Once half of the stock has been absorbed, add the zucchini to the pan, and continue adding the stock until the rice is tender. Stir in the parmesan, lemon zest, and juice, season well with salt and pepper, and serve.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box