- 25g dried porcini mushrooms
- 60g cashews
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 sliced shallots
- 125g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked
- 1 tsp mustard
- 60g pitted green olives
- Small handful of fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Place the dried mushrooms in a bowl and cover with boiled water. In a separate bowl, do the same with the cashews. Meanwhile, fry the shallots in olive oil for about 8 minutes, then add the drained porcini (save the stock) to the pan, along with the shiitake mushrooms, and fry for 4 minutes. Add 4 tbsp of the mushroom stock, and fry for 4 minutes more.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and thyme to the frying pan, and fry for 5 minutes. Drain the nuts and pop them in a food processor, along with the cooked mushroom mix, the mustard, olives, parsley, and some seasoning. Blend until smooth and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with more olive slices and some parsley, and serve with crusty bread.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box