- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs tarragon, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Veg oil for frying
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, diced (optional)
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 portions of goats’ cheese sliced from a log
- 1 handful hazelnuts, lightly crushed
- 200g mixed salad leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Mix together the tarragon, red onion, vinegar, and olive oil in a salad bowl. Season well, and set aside. Dry the bacon until crisp, and leave to drain. If you want to make this salad a vegetarian dish, omit the bacon.
- Heat your grill to high. Toast the sourdough, and grill the goats’ cheese until golden and bubbling. While waiting, add the hazelnuts, crispy bacon, and salad leaves to the bowl, and toss well.
- Serve by dividing the salad between your plates, and topping with the toast and grilled goats’ cheese. Drizzle with some olive oil, and a good grind of pepper. Delicious!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box