- 5kg beef cheek
- Salt and pepper, to season 250ml port
- 250ml marsala
- 500ml red wine
- 2L beef stock
- 2 carrots
- 1 bunch celery
- 2 brown onions
- 500ml milk
- 250ml cream
- 250ml chicken stock 1⁄2 bunch thyme
- 4 garlic cloves (whole) 2 bay leaves
- 250g polenta
- Season the whole beef cheek with salt and pepper. Brown in pan and put aside. Add port, marsala, red wine and beef stock into a pot and bring to the boil. Place chopped carrots, celery and onions into an oven tray and place the beef cheek on top of the vegetables. Cover vegetables and beef cheek with hot liquid then cover with foil and cook for 5 hours at 180°C.
- Put all the liquid and herbs in a pot and bring to the boil. Strain out herbs and garlic cloves. Once you have a clear stock, slowly add polenta whilst whisking to combine. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the beef cheek from oven and portion your serves. Start with a base of polenta, top with beef cheek and pour over strained cooking juices.
5 hours 30 mins
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box