- 300g podded broad beans (frozen is fine)
- 1 whole red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 loaf of sourdough, sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 200g soft goats’ cheese
- Gently blanch the broad beans in a pan of salted water for a few minutes, then drain and set aside. Meanwhile, mix together the chilli, garlic, spring onion, and lemon zest and juice. Add the oregano and blanched beans, then mix to gently crush (you don’t want a smooth puree - give it some texture!).
- Heat up a large griddle pan, and drizzle the sourdough slices with some olive oil. Toast them on the griddle on both sides for a minute or two, or until you get some nice char lines. Remove from the heat, and spread with a generous portion of goats’ cheese, then top with the broad bean mixture, and serve.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box