- 225g salt cod
- 150g buckwheat flour
- 50g chestnut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, yolk and white separated
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 200ml buttermilk
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp sherry
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 parsnip, peeled and julienned
- Small bunch each of coriander and mint, finely chopped
- Cover the cod with cold water in a bowl, and leave covered in the fridge for 12 hours. Change the water at least once. When ready to cook, mix the flours, baking powder, sugar, salt, egg yolk and buttermilk to create a paste. Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, and fold into your paste.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a frying pan, and cook the mixture for 2 mins on each side, or until puffy and golden.
- Drain the fish and pat dry with kitchen paper. Heat a little more veg oil in a pan and sear the cod for 2 mins on each side. Add the chilli sauce, sherry, garlic, soy and sesame oil, and cook for a few minutes to glaze the fish. Remove from the pan, and flake into chunks. Toss the veg with the herbs, top the pancakes with the vegetables, scatter over the cod, and serve. Delicious!
1 hr 30 mins
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box