- Melted butter
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan
- 300ml milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 5 eggs, yolk and white separated
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley and tarragon
- 100g Gruyere or cheddar, grated
- Preheat your oven to 200C, and brush the inside of a large souffle dish with melted butter and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Heat the milk in a saucepan with the bay leaf, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Take a heavy saucepan, and melt the butter and stir in the flour. Cook for a couple of minutes, then pour in the warm milk a little at a time to make a thick and creamy white sauce. Remove the sauce from the heat, and whisk in the egg yolks, and stir in the mustard and herbs. Season well, and add the grated cheese.
- Beat the egg whites until you have soft peaks, and fold into your cheese sauce until just combined. Spoon the mixture into your souffle dish, and bake for 25 minutes until puffed up and golden. Serve hot with salads. Nice!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box