- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 400g can of cannellini beans, drained
- 1 slice quality ciabatta, drizzled with olive oil
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the chilli, onion, and garlic, and fry lightly for 3 minutes. Add the ketchup and the beans, and cook all together for a few more minutes.
- In a griddle pan, toast the ciabatta and griddle the bacon. You want the bacon nice and crispy, and the bread toasted golden brown. Once done, serve with the bread on a plate, slathered with the beans, and topped with the crispy bacon. Heaven! You can also skip the bacon completely and replace with thinly shaved ricotta or parmesan!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box