- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 250g caster sugar
- 500g halved strawberries or other red fruit
- 200g redcurrants or other berries
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 350ml double cream
- To get your Pavlova started, make sure your oven is pre-heated to 150C. Get a piece of baking parchment, and trace the outline of a dinner plate onto it with a pencil. This is going to help you shape your delicious Christmas dessert!
- With a hand mixer, whisk up your egg whites until they are stiff and stand up in peaks. Add the caster sugar - one spoon at a time - and continue to whisk until they are beautifully glossy. Finally, whisk in the vanilla, cornflour and vanilla.
- Tip the meringue into your traced circle, and spread it around to fill the space. Make a crater in the middle, so the sides are higher than the centre, and then stick it in the oven for an hour. Once the hour has passed, allow it to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, chop about 100g of the strawberries and mix them with half of your other berries. Along with 2 tbsp of icing sugar, put them in a food processor and blitz until smooth, before pushing them through a sieve to remove the seeds. Whip up the cream with the remaining sugar, spread it over the meringue, then top with the fruit before cover with the strawberry and berry sauce. Delicious!
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box