- 4 diced garlic cloves
- 2 red chillies, diced
- 2cm ginger, peeled and diced
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 crabs, about 1.5 kg each
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp vegemite
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Fresh green salad, to serve
- Heat up a saucepan of water, and place a steamer basker or similar on top. Meanwhile, place the garlic, chilli, ginger, and sunflower oil in a small bowl, and mix together to make a flavoured oil.
- Chop up the crab, remove the brown meat and discard the gills (or get your fishmonger to do this for you), and steam in the steamer for 5 minutes. While it’s steaming, add two tbsp of your flavoured oil to a wok on a high heat, and fry without colouring. Pour in the ketchup, the vegemite, and the soy sauce, then chuck in the crabmeat once it starts caramelising.
- Add 150ml of water, cover with a lid, and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat, toss in the spring onion and coriander, and serve hot with green leaf salads and crusty bread.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box