- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pinch of saffron or turmeric
- 400g carrots, cut into batons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Bunch of roughly chopped parsley
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan. Brown the chicken on a high heat, before adding the ginger and the onion. Cook together for a few minutes, until the onion has softened.
- Into the pan with the chicken and onion, add 150 ml of water. To this, add the honey, saffron and carrots, along with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Give it all a good stir, then bring to the boil.
- Add the lemon wedges, and simmer consistently with the lid on for about 30 minutes. Take the lid off and reduce the sauce for about five minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with couscous or flatbreads.
Do you know your wine personality? If your answer is no, take our quiz to find out which wines to pick up next and build your box!Build my box